Barry N. Turner

I'm not a very heavy user of my air compressor. Regardless of the pro's and
con's, it probably won't make a lot of difference in the long run for me. I
had noticed that many of the commercial duty compressors had cast iron
compressors, if that means anything. Maybe aluminum with cast iron cylinder
inserts is the best way to go. Anyway, my compressor is working fine for
the time being. I'll just have to wait and see about the longevity angle.

Barry

"George" george@least wrote in message
Aluminum cools faster than cast, which is why many compressors and
air-cooled engines of all flavors with iron inserts have aluminum cooling
fins.

Though it may have been a buy recommendation for you, it does have its
drawbacks.

"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message
Well, it was definitely Campbell-Hausfield that made mine. I

double-checked
today at lunchtime. The compressor on mine is cast iron instead of

aluminum
as many of the other brands are. That was a selling point for me.