Neil

Default RCD tripped & will not reset

"Will Cooke" wrote in message
om...
Disaster has struck. For no apparent reason the RCD on my MK Senrty CU

has
tripped.

I had a similar problem that had me baffled for about a week. I turned

out
the shower was leaking down the wall into a conduit and down in to the

socket
for the cooker hood in the kitchen.

HTH,

Thanks for all the pointers guys. Now sorted - it was a neutral - earth leak
caused when my wife hung a very heavy picture on a copper panel pin she had
inserted through the 1.5mm T&E feed to a wall light ! Clearly when I asked
if anyone had been doing anything when the power went off I should have been
more specific !! Took 2 hours to trace.

Neil