Mark Rand

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:47:33 GMT, "Martin Whybrow"
wrote:

"Samantha BeanHead" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my message,
I am in fact primarily hoping to work with glass (I am interested in
scientific glass blowing) and I know thats not directly related to
this newsgroup but I thought that I could get some info about welding
type equipment. I guess I was really trying to get an idea of the
prices and services available in the UK for a very small
(minimal/learner?) scale user. I suppose I was hoping to save some
time by trying to get the general jist of things before I started
throwing my money around.

Samantha
BOC franchise distribution to some small retailers who are easy to deal
with; for example at work we get our argon cylinders exchanged at a local
car parts shop in St Albans.
Martin

The killer in the UK is the bottle rental. BOC don't sell bottles AFAIK. I pay
£35/year for an X size 3' tall argon bottle.

Since I don't do as much MIG welding as I did when I got the contract, I
really need to take the bottle back because I now pay significantly more for
the bottle than the gas :-(

Mark Rand
RTFM