Rex B

Great idea. then the dog will bark at me because he wants a treat.

Ken Davey wrote:

Don Bruder wrote:

In article ,
steamer wrote:

--This is evil. If a dog is raising a ruckus he's usually got a
good reason and more than half the time it's a negligent owner.

Horse****. 'Nuff said.

Next time
report to petfinders.com or humane society and they'll find the dog a
proper home. SWMBO rescues critters and, in my experience, there's
no such thing as a dog that can't be cured of unsocial behavior,
once relocated to a (mentally) healty location.

Your experience, then, is either next to nill, not worth a pile of
dog****, or both. With utter contempt for Barbara Woodhouse (or
whatever her name is) there are indeed bad dogs. And one that barks
incessantly for no valid reason (intruder in the yard is the *ONLY*
valid reason) is a bad dog. Bury the damned thing and be done with
it, then try again with a good one.

Agreed! But:
The problem here (original poster) is the neighbour's failure to
recognize/deal with the problem.

Here is a suggestion - Bose!
Put on a set of their noise cancelling earphones, plug in your favorite
music, Sit down near the fence with a cold beer (or beverage of choice) and
read a good book while the dog drives the neighbour nuts.
Throwing the odd treat to the dog (optional) while all this is going on may
also tend to cure the problem.
Upside; You know you always wanted one of these headsets and now you have a
perfect excuse and all said and done it is probably cheaper (and karmically
[sp?]correct) than most of the suggestions in this thread.

Regards.
Ken. (the voice of reason kills a good thread)