Default dealing with a nuisance dog

get the dog barking early in the morning,3:00 to 4.00 am,when the dog's
owner is sleeping,get on the phone call the dogs owner, don't give your
name or say anything just start barking, hang up wait 20 or so min. do
it again, wait about a hr. do it again.
It took three nights for it to work for me, then I heard
"BARK,BARK,BARK,YIPE!! never heard another bark, never saw the dog
again, did see a small pile of freshly turned earth behind Fido's dog
house though
Nick Hull

In article t,
wrote:

get the dog barking early in the morning,3:00 to 4.00 am,when the dog's
owner is sleeping,get on the phone call the dogs owner, don't give your
name or say anything just start barking, hang up wait 20 or so min. do
it again, wait about a hr. do it again.
It took three nights for it to work for me, then I heard
"BARK,BARK,BARK,YIPE!! never heard another bark, never saw the dog
again, did see a small pile of freshly turned earth behind Fido's dog
house though

When I was a child a neighbor had a dog that would go woof-woof-woof all
the time, until one day it went woof-woof-bang.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
F. Hayek

In article ,
Ian Stirling wrote:

This will probably fall foul of various legislation.
However, a call to say "Your dog woke me up" probably wouldn't.

The voice of reason. How refreshing. -- Fred
steamer

--This is evil. If a dog is raising a ruckus he's usually got a
good reason and more than half the time it's a negligent owner. Next time
report to petfinders.com or humane society and they'll find the dog a
proper home. SWMBO rescues critters and, in my experience, there's no such
thing as a dog that can't be cured of unsocial behavior, once relocated to
a (mentally) healty location.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Somehow related
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Lumpy Adams...

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:50:55 GMT, steamer wrote:

--This is evil. If a dog is raising a ruckus he's usually got a
good reason and more than half the time it's a negligent owner. Next time
report to petfinders.com or humane society and they'll find the dog a
proper home. SWMBO rescues critters and, in my experience, there's no such
thing as a dog that can't be cured of unsocial behavior, once relocated to
a (mentally) healty location.

Dogs aren't happy when separated from their pack. Putting the dog
outside at night separates him from his pack. Makes them neurotic and
barky.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:50:55 GMT, steamer wrote:
--This is evil. If a dog is raising a ruckus he's usually got a
good reason and more than half the time it's a negligent owner.

Well, some dogs are just a pain in the ass. Just as people differ,
so do dogs. I've had 3 good ones, and the current one is loud & rock
stupid. The only thing different is the dog.

Rex B

"steamer" wrote in message
--This is evil. If a dog is raising a ruckus he's usually got a
good reason and more than half the time it's a negligent owner. Next time
report to petfinders.com or humane society and they'll find the dog a
proper home. SWMBO rescues critters and, in my experience, there's no such
thing as a dog that can't be cured of unsocial behavior, once relocated to
a (mentally) healty location.

The dog thinks he's doing his job - protecting the perimeter. He's just
overdoing it due to lack of supervision. the owners occasionally let the
dog in the house, but mostly he's outside with only an aged chihuahua for
company. Chihuahua barks too, but only as a muted accompaniment.

Rex B

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:50:55 GMT, steamer wrote:
--This is evil. If a dog is raising a ruckus he's usually got a
good reason and more than half the time it's a negligent owner.

Well, some dogs are just a pain in the ass. Just as people differ,
so do dogs. I've had 3 good ones, and the current one is loud & rock
stupid. The only thing different is the dog.

I agree. Decades ago I had a white german shepherd that was dumb as hell.
But he yapped constantly. We tried like hell to shut him up, finally got him
a new home where his barking was not a problem. Next dog was just the
opposite - silent and smart.

Dave Hinz

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:45:45 -0600, Rex B wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Yup. No reason to be a coward about it and try to disguise your voice
either. "I was sleeping, now I'm not, and now you're not." Repeat
as needed.

Actually, he doesn't bark unless someone is outside. I've never heard him
bark at night, and we sleep with the windows open when possible.
Only when someone is outside, in an adjacent yard. My yard is about 300
feet deep, and he covers all of it

Any reason you can't go outside in the night time?
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:40:48 -0800, KLined wrote:
In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:50:55 GMT, steamer wrote:
--This is evil. If a dog is raising a ruckus he's usually got a
good reason and more than half the time it's a negligent owner.

Well, some dogs are just a pain in the ass. Just as people differ,
so do dogs. I've had 3 good ones, and the current one is loud & rock
stupid. The only thing different is the dog.

I bet the dog said the same thing about his owners.

Right. Same owners, different dogs. Several good dogs, one not so good
one. What has changed? C'mon, it's not a tough question.

Don Bruder

Horse****. 'Nuff said.

Next time
report to petfinders.com or humane society and they'll find the dog a
proper home. SWMBO rescues critters and, in my experience, there's no such
thing as a dog that can't be cured of unsocial behavior, once relocated to
a (mentally) healty location.

Your experience, then, is either next to nill, not worth a pile of
dog****, or both. With utter contempt for Barbara Woodhouse (or whatever
her name is) there are indeed bad dogs. And one that barks incessantly
for no valid reason (intruder in the yard is the *ONLY* valid reason) is
a bad dog. Bury the damned thing and be done with it, then try again
with a good one.

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.
Ken Davey

Don Bruder wrote:
In article ,
steamer wrote:

--This is evil. If a dog is raising a ruckus he's usually got a
good reason and more than half the time it's a negligent owner.

Horse****. 'Nuff said.

Next time
report to petfinders.com or humane society and they'll find the dog a
proper home. SWMBO rescues critters and, in my experience, there's
no such thing as a dog that can't be cured of unsocial behavior,
once relocated to a (mentally) healty location.

Your experience, then, is either next to nill, not worth a pile of
dog****, or both. With utter contempt for Barbara Woodhouse (or
whatever her name is) there are indeed bad dogs. And one that barks
incessantly for no valid reason (intruder in the yard is the *ONLY*
valid reason) is a bad dog. Bury the damned thing and be done with
it, then try again with a good one.

Agreed! But:
The problem here (original poster) is the neighbour's failure to
recognize/deal with the problem.

Here is a suggestion - Bose!
Put on a set of their noise cancelling earphones, plug in your favorite
music, Sit down near the fence with a cold beer (or beverage of choice) and
read a good book while the dog drives the neighbour nuts.
Throwing the odd treat to the dog (optional) while all this is going on may
also tend to cure the problem.
Upside; You know you always wanted one of these headsets and now you have a
perfect excuse and all said and done it is probably cheaper (and karmically
[sp?]correct) than most of the suggestions in this thread.

Regards.
Ken. (the voice of reason kills a good thread)

--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'

Nick Hull

In article ,
"Ken Davey" wrote:

Throwing the odd treat to the dog (optional) while all this is going on may
also tend to cure the problem.

How much would you have to feed the dog for it to die of overeating?