Larry Jaques

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 09:23:42 GMT, Gunner
calmly ranted:

Ill hunt around. Its a hell of a lot easier for me to find Big Iron,
than tinsy stuff as there is little of the Barbie Playshop stuff in
use commercially.

No judgement there, huh? bseg

The statement is the result OF judgment. I dont do model work. If I
only made tinsy stuff, a small machine would be great. However..I just
sold my last one to a lurker here (Lorch) because I had no need for
it.

Shucks. I'm not into modeling, either, but most of the things I have
needed a mill and lathe for are small, such as a pivot for a bathtub
shower spray head, small brass fittings, bearing retainers and
flanges, etc.

Now the smallest lathe I have is the Hardinge HLV-H, not counting a
nice little Katakura Turret Lathe which I also have nearly no use for.
Though it is fun to make air quick disconnect fittings with. Uses 4C
collets. When I finish rebuilding the Weiler 5c turret lathe..the
little one will go away and Ill get some dead presidents in return.

Need it? Its a cutey and does nice work. Ill even toss in some
tooling.

Thanks but no. For a lathe, I definitely need only the small desktop
type. There isn't room here for a larger one. That's one major reason
I'm hesitant to come down there to go shopping. g

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright