Gymy Bob

Hey moron! The copper is considered "mixed" copper and is worth about $0.02
per pound, if he seperates it all.

IOW: they don't want it.

William P.N. Smith wrote in message
Ignoramus22732 wrote:
It has a large transformer, it weighs around 200 lbs. It comes from a
that 8 KVA Ferrups UPS. There is a super heavy square shaped copper
wire on it, which, I fancy, could sell for some money.

Why not offer the whole thing to a scrap-metal dealer? When they melt
it down they'll recover the different metals...

So... How do I take it apart? It was assembled from steel plates, can
it be therefore disassembled?

Yeah, remove any bolts, and start splitting the iron core segments
apart (they are probably alternating meshed E and I pieces). Once you
get the first few out the rest will come easier. I'd use an
appropriately sized screwdriver and hammer...