Is there some particular reason you can't use the UPS as it was
origionally intended? I bought a 14 kva unit on Ebay for $41 and after
$125 for new batteries have unit powering my electronic assembly
pick-and place machine at 230 VAC. I can pull the plug and the machine
just keeps on running.

If it only lacks batteries, it is worth at least $50.

The input/output are changed by internal wiring plus software
parameters.

Just wondering, Paul

Ignoramus22732 wrote:
I am demolishing a huge 8 kVa UPS. Lots of nice wires, screws etc.

It has a large transformer, it weighs around 200 lbs. It comes from a
that 8 KVA Ferrups UPS. There is a super heavy square shaped copper
wire on it, which, I fancy, could sell for some money. This wire is
something like 3x8 mm in cross section. Very heavy stuff. So, if I
somehow manage to pull the transformer apart, I would, first, able to
throw the steel part to garbage, and second, to get and sell copper
wire. i would also keep some of this copper wire for home uses such

as
grounding wire for my generator.

Without taking it apart I will not be able to do anything with this
monstrosity, not even throw it away.

This is a specialty transformer with lots of contacts, so I do not
think that I could sell it. (another, smaller like 50 lbs transformer
is an isolation transformer which I hope to sell for at least
something. Also, there are 8 1.2 farad capacitors)

So... How do I take it apart? It was assembled from steel plates, can
it be therefore disassembled?