Tim Wescott

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Gregg" wrote in message

Hello all

I am new to this group and I love using my dremel tool and was wondering
what all hobbies there are for metal working with a dremel tool.

Thanks in advance

There are a lot of small things you can do with it. It's good for some kinds
of amateur jewelry work. I finish with jeweler's files, but I've roughed
some pendants out with the Dremel, after cutting a rough shape out with a
jeweler's saw -- mostly brass and silver, in my case.

Think in terms of decorative work rather than precision metalworking. If you
get into small-scale decorative metalwork, it can keep you occupied for a
lifetime.

It's also good for many kinds of modelmaking. But I wouldn't think in terms
of carving metal out of a solid piece. With metal, you need different
processes at different stages. The stuff demands some knowledge of a few
basic processes (sawing, chiseling, filing), and you'll fit the Dremel work
into the bigger picture as you gain some experience.

No, I don't have any sites to recommend. g

--
Ed Huntress

I once made a chess set with a Dremel tool, some 1/8 dowel, an Exacto
knife and some sandpaper -- very fun, I was really past the age where
one could give crude hand-crafted gifts to one's Uncles but this one
didn't qualify as "crude".

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services