Default Is it possible to use the roadside fire hydrants??

"Paul C. Dickie" wrote in message
In article , nightjar@?.?
writes
"The Question Asker" wrote in message
Well just measured our pond its 8m*12m and 1m all over, which makes it

96
cubic meters, making it £144 a small fortune for water....

Not only do you need permission to use a hydrant, the water authority

will
also charge you for the amount of water you draw from it. Taking water
without payment is theft.

So whose water was it before the water company got it

That is irrelevant. It is their water by the time it gets to a hydrant and
taking it without their permission is theft.

We had to get the lawyers onto a company that kept sending its gully
washers onto our industrial estate, to fill up at our private hydrants,
so that they could avoid paying the water authority charges.

Did the industrial estate use its own well(s), spring(s) or aquifer(s)
and, if not, whence did that water supply originate?

It is a metered supply, purchased from a water supply company. The company
that was filling its gully washers was stealing from the estate management
company, which had to pay for the water used.

Colin Bignell