WD

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 09:07:36 GMT, Ron Moore wrote:

My apology, there is a typo "220vac".
The 110v drum motor could rewire to 220v. Has not check the conveyor feed
controller box and I believe that's where the rectifier placed. There are no
documentation's for rewire to 220v.

I have experience repeated tripping if I operate the bench grinder (10-amp,
3/4hp), shop Vac (10-amp), hand drill with three garage lightings. Operating the
drum sander (11-amp) under load with shop Vac and lightings will trip the
circuit.

Beside adding a new circuit, do you think it is safe to replace the 15-amp
breaker to a 20-amp breaker?

Thank you again.

Basically, you have two devices, the AC motor and the DC controller for
the feed motor. You can (possibly) rewire the motor for 220VAC and
still run the DC controller off on one 110v leg of the 220v. The
controller may have jumpers for both 110v and 220v, but you check the
documentation to verify this. Leaving it at 110v would probably be the
easiest. Otherwise, the smoke may escape. The power draw of the feed
motor is negligible.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

WD wrote:
My garage has one 220V and eight 110V outlets. If I operate the Shop Vac, with
two or more machines/tools the circuit will trip. I rewired the compressor,
table saw, jointer and planer to 220V, this has reduce tripping problems.

Yesterday I tested my new drum sander a 1hp/VAC/10amps with conveyor feed
90VDC/1amp/50watts without loads, the lights in the garage blink momentary. What
if I rewire the drum sander motor from 110VDC to 220VAC, will the 90VAC conveyer
feed motor go faster, slower or burnt up?

Anyone rewired their drum sander to 220VDC?

Thanks in advance.