chris French

Default Paving Slabs

In message , Darren Griffin -
PocketGPSWorld writes
Can anyone tell me what the standard size is for a paving slab and a rough
cost per slab for a basic concrete type?

You can get basic 400, or 450 mm Sq. flags from a Shed for about a quid.
They tend to be a bit on a thin side (often about 32mm) but ok for a
shed base. Alternatively the next size up for basic slabs is usually 600
mm sq. usually a bit thicker as well.

If you go to a BM or some bigger sheds you will get BS flags - these are
the basic grey sort used for pavements etc. typical size is 600x900 but
there are others. Beware though, they are 50mm thick and much stronger
and bloody heavy - difficult to lay if you aren't used to them - and
really uncessary.

As has been said, having the shed rest direct on these though might not
be a good idea. I prefer my blocks and beams technique

http://www.pavingexpert.com/

is an excellent site for all things paving related.
--
Chris French, Leeds