Mike Morin

Default Craftsman Lathe (Variable Speed)

I have this variable speed Craftsman lathe I bought about a year ago.It
has a gremlin in it. And I was wondering if anyone has one of these lathes
that I can compare notes with.
The problem that arises is I can be using it, and everything is ok, then
all of a sudden it appears out of the blue that the power in it fluctuates,
then resorts to a point where it appears that there my be a dry bearing or
something in it (Vibration). Then it blows a fuse. If I mess with it and
keep setting the breaker, after a time it seems to clear out. But even that
may take some time to work out. If I had a metric Allen wrench I probably
would have opened it up by now, but I don't, and haven't had time yet to
proceed onto this project yet. I was just curious if anyone had one of these
lathes, and have had any problems with it. If you had any problems, what
have you done to remedy the situation?

Thanks
M. Morin
Lewiston, Maine