Jonathon

Bill

Thank you for what is probably the most balanced, readable and well
considered post amongst some of the rants above.

Taking your points in turn.

Yes the scrolling is counter-intuitive - and something I will fix. But
if people do not have sufficient initiative to work out how to use it -
then perhaps they would do better looking elsewhere. I dont write for
muppets - this is not a commercial site and I dont work on the lowest
common denominator, from what I have read so far, would lead this to be
demeaning!

I am genuinely surprised at the load times you mention - none of the
pop-up images exceed 30k (I think) whilst some of the pages might go to
this. I think in the circumstances that it may well be a server issue.
I have a 2MB line which regularly clocks 1.4mb speeds - and certainly
get nowhere near the lag you are reporting.

The close on click is a common dreamweaver extension and one which you
(or I certainly) see commonly on sites elsewhere on the web.

You comment re copyright highlights differences in approaches and
probably national legal systems. Personally I subscribe to the right
of control of what is, I think, intellectual work so perhaps the
solution is to stick a clumsy and obtrusive copyright symbol in a
repeated pattern all over them.

Then again perhaps another solution is

a) restrictive access
b) country barring
c) host on my pc - that would allow much more site access flexibility
d) take the site down - and carry on collecting from UK turners, albeit
"spreading the word" with personal visits to the collection in our home
from interested parties.

On a more serious note - if you tell me which picures you particularly
like I will very pleased by way of thank you to send over a higher res
file(s) for your personal use. This should mean that you get a better
quality print and a desktop image that better shows the piece off. All
this without the piece dimension cluttering the image as well. Not to
mention the ability to crop, clean, tweak to your hearts content. And
no, I wont be doing anything malicious - just a genuine offer by way of
thanking you for your words - probably the most reasoned here.
Contact me through the site and I will be pleased to oblige.

Jonathon