BillyBob

"WD" wrote in message

Yesterday I tested my new drum sander a 1hp/VAC/10amps with conveyor feed
90VDC/1amp/50watts without loads, the lights in the garage blink

momentary. What
if I rewire the drum sander motor from 110VDC to 220VAC, will the 90VAC

conveyer
feed motor go faster, slower or burnt up?

Anyone rewired their drum sander to 220VDC?

If the feed motor is DC, it must be getting the DC from a conversion
somewhere in the sander. I'm not familiar with the setup, but I know you
don't have DC anywhere in your garage.

I assume when you typed 220VDC, that was a typo and you meant 220VAC. If
you meant DC, you are scaring me and you really need to turn this over to an
electrician.

Bob