J T

Fri, Dec 31, 2004, 10:27pm (EST+5) (stoutman) wants to know:
I just got a new Delta 12" planar. (TP300)
I just set it up and planed a few boards and at the beginning of the
plane I get a 1" or so long snipe. Do I have to live with this or can
this be corrected.

No prob, a little bondo will take care of that.

An interesting thing, I've ran pieces thru my planer using my planer
sled. The pieces are a bit shorter than the sled, and I've not seen any
snipe at all. I don't know if longer pieces would have snipe, or not.
I'll have to check that some time.

JOAT
People without "things" are just intelligent animals.