Tom

Gunner wrote:

An interesting little dohickey followed me home this week, from a shop
that is down sizing to smaller quarters. They evidently thought they
owed me a favor so forced this on me ( frankly I think they needed the
room..shrug)

I didnt argue too hard......

Its a Taiwanese horizontal/verticle kneemill, about 1/2 the size of a
BP. A beautiful size for the home shop and great for gunsmithing and
similar work. There are a few minor issues that Im resolving now,
mostly regarding the powerfeed and the effects of a maint department
that was, charitably...fast..or half fast.

Both spindles run rather well, though the vertical spindle only has
one speed due to some ethiopian engineering of relays...

Gunner

Surely the vert spindle has a stepped pulley drive?

Tom