DIYGUY

How long is the snipe? It should only be on one end, usually less than
an inch or so. If I am running into this problem (rarely since I made
a secondary platen) I just trim it off. Usually I allow an extra 3" of
length on my stock for cutting. That leaves me enough to accommodate
any potential snipe and/or cutting problems. Yeah, I know. It should
not happen on a good tool and it is annoying. You can fuss with it or
you can work around it. I made the platen to work around it. Good luck ..

stoutman wrote:
I just got a new Delta 12" planar. (TP300)

I just set it up and planed a few boards and at the beginning of the plane I
get a 1" or so long snipe. Do I have to live with this or can this be
corrected.

Thanks.