Barry Lennox

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 06:02:58 GMT, Groggy
wrote:

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:06:47 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:
Hear here on the Ozito crap label. I bought one to do one job, and
that's all it did. It simply self-destructed its guts.

I think this may be the same company that makes the self destructing
tape machines for the Mission Impossible movies...

I am surprised at the quality of GMC stuff, though. I have a cordless
drill from them and it's done me very good service so far.

I have probably witheld comment on GMC long enough. I agree with you,
it seems to be good value for money - though clearly not the top of
the range. My comfort zone puts it at around Ryobi, probably better. I
have a nail gun (electric) made by GMC (Global Machinery Corporation)
that continues to soldier on. It fires a wrong 'un on occasion but it
hasn't been a major problem, I can always tap them down with a hammer
(remember them?) and set punch.

GMC appears to be a good value for money option, certainly a mile
above Ozito. Perhaps Bunnings is selling Ozito as an object lesson to
us all, so we learn to buy decent tools g.

Maybe, Bunnings is our "Borg" here in NZ as well. I was in there a few
days back looking for a cheap planer (long story and its a one-off
special job) and the sales "associate" even advised me to steer clear
of the Ozito as they "were pretty crappy"

OTOH, I have a couple of GMC tools and they seem to be good. One that
has had a real pounding for a year now is the corded right angle drill
(RAD400, IIRC) It's very powerful and has never given a spot of
bother.

Barry Lennox