On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 08:00:36 -0000, "Leon Heller"
wrote:

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

[deleted]

And finally, anyone remember the "foxhole radios" from WWII where the
detector was made from a Gillette Blue Blade and a common safety pin?

I'd actually try that if I could find one of the blades. I have experimented
with a small piece of galena and a wire as a detector, hooked up to a signal
generator. It actually worked occasionally when I poked the wire around on
the galena.

Leon

Ah yes, wiggling the cat whisker. One of the joys of crystal radio.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.