Gunner

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:00:09 -0500, Nick Hull
wrote:

In article ,
"Tim Williams" wrote:

"Jim McGill" wrote in message
One trick I learned from an old glassblower is keep a cup of water
within reach. Then when you pick up a hot piece of glass you can cool
the burn immediately which greatly reduces the damage. If you're quick,
you don't get a blister at all, just a scorch mark on the surface (and a
vile smell).

Heh, I figured this out a while ago. Lick a burn as soon as possible and
you'll never get a blister. Wonderful, eh?

DMSO works great for burns, kills the pain and no blister.

Be careful with DMSO..its a cell membrane carrier...ie it will pass
through cell membranes like **** though a seagull and as its also a
solvent, it can carry toxins with it.

That being said..its good stuff when applied correctly on aches, pains
and burns.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill