Don Wheeler

"stoutman" wrote in
:

I just got a new Delta 12" planar. (TP300)

I just set it up and planed a few boards and at the beginning of the
plane I get a 1" or so long snipe. Do I have to live with this or can
this be corrected.

Thanks.

I recently bought the same planer and I see the same thing, always at the
leading end but never at the trailing end. I think it has something to
feeding technique, because sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. I've
tried to figure out what I do differently when it doesn't but haven't yet.
Making the last pass very light, about 1/8 crank down, seems to help. I've
read that making a secondary platen with a long flat board helps, but I
haven't tried it yet. If you come up with anything I'd sure like to hear
about it.

By the way, I love the machine. I've wanted a planer for a long time and
Amazon had an offer I couldn't refuse. It may not be pro quality, but it's
good enough for me.

Don