Tom MacIntyre

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 01:48:38 GMT, "William R. Walsh"
wrote:

Hi!

wrote in message
oups.com...
excellent - 75 ohm round, i fugred it was female, but the idea of
useing a cable box as a tuner thats brill, hadnt thought of it. thanks
to you mr. walsh.

Another good use of this technique is to drive old video monitors with
composite (separate video and audio connections) inputs but no tuner. I'm
speaking of the old monitors that would have once gone with Apple II,
Commodore 64 or other computers of similar vintage. Most of them have
onboard speakers and can be repurposed into a nice, small and very high
clarity TV set. I have here a very nice Magnavox monitor with stereo audio.
It goes well with a DVD player and puts off a very nice picture with decent
sound. (Plus, the "color kill" switch that makes everything green can make
for a more interesting way to watch TV... :-) )

By the way...I wrote down cable box in my reply a little too soon. That may
or may not work. I don't think I've ever seen a cable box with composite
output, but I haven't been around a lot of cable TV systems.

William

They at least used to exist.

Tom