Brian in Vancouver, BC

"Mike H." wrote in
:

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the replies. I think I'll go
for the Veritas... I don't have a clue how to fine tune a new Stanley,
and I would much rather start learning with a good quality plane fresh
out of the box. I'll save the fine tuning lessons for later (except
for the sharpening skills).

Good choice. Remember that you will probably pass these on to your kids
when you go, so it will be nice to leave them the quality. Any time I
buy low end I always regret the choice later unless I give up with the
hobby/craft. Then I end up wanting to replace with better quality once I
start using the tool (or camera) and realize its usefulness.

(Want to buy a slightly used band saw?)

Brian