Bonnie Jean

"Norminn" wrote in message

Soffit vents are most commonly strips of aluminum or plastic nailed
under the overhand - easy to pull off and replace.
______________________

OK, I think I know someone who can do this work.

And to answer a question posed to me, there is an abundance of holly twigs
ranging from 4" to a foot, complete with attached leaves, on the ground
below this little nook. That's how I know they are using the tree for
materials. The damage is minor but if they were considerate, they'd use dead
twigs. :-)

The nook appears to be vulnerable to wind, as a couple nesting attempts have
blown down...or maybe just knocked down by these fluffy varmints. It's not
possible for me to get up in that area to put up hardware cloth.

I appreciate all the advice.