Bubba

On 31 Dec 2004 18:35:06 GMT, Marina wrote:

Bubba wrote in
:

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 00:40:16 -0600, Doug Boulter
wrote:

Peter Bagrationoff wrote on 30 Dec 2004:

Only
difference is I am saving $200 on the installation because of the
rebate. No-brainer to me!

Um, as someone else posted, installation should involve very little
time. An hour if no major re-piping is needed, two if it is. Even
with expensive plumber rates, total installation cost should be
under the $200. If you're paying a lot more than that, the rebate
is worthless.

If the issue is disposal of the old heater, it's worth seeing what
your community's/trash hauler's policies are. If you can just put
it out on the curb for them to haul off, it's not worth paying
extra for that service.

What planet are you living on Doug? No Professional plummer is going
to drive their van to your home, diagnose the water heater, leave to
go pick up the new heater, come back with it, drain and remove your
old one, install the new one, check it for proper operation and haul
away the old one for $200 labor!
An hour to change out a water heater? You've obviously never done a
water heater replacement start to finish.
Bubba

If I recall right our water heater was replaced about 6-7 years ago for
somewhere around $350.

ON second thought,

recall right.........
about 6-7.........
somewhere........
around........

Yeah, right. Like you have any ****in clue.
Most new 50gal gas water heaters cost almost that much to purchase
now. Thats not even counting markup and installation by a professional
plummer. This all thanks to the most recent government safety changes
because they are so many stupid homeowners out there that think it is
no problem storing gasoline, paint and other flammable materials right
next to the water heater.
Just remember, the next time you see the most ridiculous stupid
warning label printed, remember, there was at least one idiot that did
just that!
Bubba