On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:31:04 GMT, "Bernd" wrote:

"william_b_noble" wrote in message
news:1104480176.515c08d57dc1ad1f19feab68df2965f5@ teranews...
it should be feasible to generate a nice EMP pulse that will make
there
stereo (and all the rest of the car) stop working - best to be driving
an
old car with minimal or no electronics when you do this -

I would use a super/turbo charged diesel with a generator in the
vehicle. Now were are the plans for the EMP device. I saw this
"supposedly" done on TV. They disabled a Vette in a lab. I'm wondering
if it was sudo-science.

Bernd

If it's a modern Vette an EMP pulse would indeed disable it. Fries the
engine controller. (Or at least it would a few years ago. Auto makers
weren't too bright about shielding the controllers.)

Supposedly one of the old VWs with the Bosch electronic fuel injection
would stop stall if you got too close to a high voltage, high
frequency power line. (That EFI system was an unmitigated piece of
crap.)

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.