Phants

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
Thanks for the mammaries,

Jeff (Who remembers sharpening double edged Gillette "Blue Blades" by
rubbing them around the inside of a straight sided drinking glass.)
Jeffry Wisnia

Damn, Jeff - You must be even older than I am... ;-}

Strange, but my uncle did that trick with the blades and that was one of
his favorite sayings too...

There was a lot of "foolin' around" with electric meters back then too.
He tells me that some had "steel" parts which could be slowed or stopped
with proper placement of strong magnets, and some used a small wire
through or around the seals to "jam" where the gears meshed - pulled
before the meter reader got there...

reclaiming oil with osmosis and a lamp wick was slow but seemed to do
the trick... Lot's of others, but I'm beginnig to forget those...
JHbs