Leon Heller

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
Leon Heller wrote:
I cut copper laminate for making printed circuit boards by scoring it
deeply on both sides with a Stanley knife and then snapping it. The
blades get blunt very quickly and I've found that I can sharpen them on
an ordinary oilstone. I've been using the same blade for months.

Leon

I keep telling SWMBO, "I'm not cheap, I'm just value oriented.", but last
Chanuka she got me a little porcelain figurine of Disney's Scrooge McDuck
anyway. I was born at the end of the great depression and learned how to
make do before america became a "disposable" economy.

I never had great success sharpening utility knife blades on a stone, but
once I got a 320 grit "diamond file" with a working area about 3/4" wide
by 2" long, WHAT a difference. A couple of strokes on either side of the
blade and it's good enough for me.

I've got a diamond hone as well, which does work even better.

Thanks for the mammaries,

Jeff (Who remembers sharpening double edged Gillette "Blue Blades" by
rubbing them around the inside of a straight sided drinking glass.)

How long did they last?

Leon