billh

I'll follow up a bit on what George said. The Beal system is a buffing
system that will smooth the surface of the finish you applied previously.
The only finish my Beal system provides is via a stick of carnuba wax which
is a hard wax but nontheless, a wax. The Beal system isn't a substitute for
a smooth initial surface before the finishing is applied and a well applied
finish. You can only do so much smoothing with the compounds so get it right
before you buff.
A finish must be even in appearance and sometimes that is difficult if the
wood has strange grain or punky spots. If I have what I think might be
problematic piece I will apply the finish and let it sit for a period of
weeks or longer to make sure it still looks even before I give it the Beal
treatment. I don't know if others do this. I have found myself applying
another coat or two on some pieces. I tend to use LV Polymerized Tung Oil as
a finish.
Billh

"Keith Young" wrote in message
What would be your second comment Billh

Keith

For example I was told even through the final product looks excellent ,
the finish is not durable.

Comment

"billh" wrote in message
. ..

"Keith Young" wrote in message
Just ordered one from Lee Valley

Any Comments

Keith

Excuse my spelling if its spelled wrong.

First comment would be why didn't you ask before you ordered it.
Fortunately, the Beal system is very good and is used by many turners.
Billh