Bruce L. Bergman

On 30 Dec 2004 15:17:10 GMT, Ignoramus25901
wrote:

I own a few Harris AM-7223 amplifiers (military surplus). I want to
sell them, maybe will keep one. They are all supposed to be in a
working condition. They will sell much better if they have power
cords. They require special power cables, with a round plug. The power
cord receptable on the unit is round and has a few pins sticking
out. I am looking for the most practical way of making a jury-rigged
power cable for this unit at low cost. I already know which pin is
ground, which is neutral, and which is hot. The question is, what is
the most practical way of connecting a power cable.

I think you've already figured it out, but go find the right
connector. If you butcher the radio or start soldering wires to the
pins you risk ruining the resale value - some buyers want to actually
use them.

If you can't find the parts cheap, try Apex Electronics 8909 San
Fernando Road, Sun Valley CA. 818/767-7202
http://www.apexelectronic.com/ You'll have to call and ask, the
website doesn't even scratch the surface of what's in there.

They are a high-tech wrecking yard for the electronics and defense
industries, and they have aisles stacked with NOS mil-spec connectors.
And they've been used as a high-tech prop house, too - set designers
use bits to outfit the "laboratory"...

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545