Jeff Wisnia

Leon Heller wrote:
I cut copper laminate for making printed circuit boards by scoring it deeply
on both sides with a Stanley knife and then snapping it. The blades get
blunt very quickly and I've found that I can sharpen them on an ordinary
oilstone. I've been using the same blade for months.

Leon

I keep telling SWMBO, "I'm not cheap, I'm just value oriented.", but
last Chanuka she got me a little porcelain figurine of Disney's Scrooge
McDuck anyway. I was born at the end of the great depression and learned
how to make do before america became a "disposable" economy.

I never had great success sharpening utility knife blades on a stone,
but once I got a 320 grit "diamond file" with a working area about 3/4"
wide by 2" long, WHAT a difference. A couple of strokes on either side
of the blade and it's good enough for me.

Thanks for the mammaries,

Jeff (Who remembers sharpening double edged Gillette "Blue Blades" by
rubbing them around the inside of a straight sided drinking glass.)

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"