Peter Bagrationoff

Well the guys from Bynum Plumbing came over yesterday and did a great
job on the install. It took two guys about two hours to drain the old
heater, remove it, install the new one, and add a thermal expansion
tank. They took away the old unit as well. Everything was cleaned up
when they were done and they even bled all the air from the water line
before leaving. After the rebate and the gift card, installation costs
me $30. Doubt you could even do it yourself that cheap Doug. Time is
money to me, and that was well worth it!

Doug Boulter wrote:
Peter Bagrationoff wrote on 30 Dec 2004:

Only
difference is I am saving $200 on the installation because of the
rebate. No-brainer to me!

Um, as someone else posted, installation should involve very little
time. An hour if no major re-piping is needed, two if it is. Even
with expensive plumber rates, total installation cost should be
under the $200. If you're paying a lot more than that, the rebate
is worthless.

If the issue is disposal of the old heater, it's worth seeing what
your community's/trash hauler's policies are. If you can just put
it out on the curb for them to haul off, it's not worth paying
extra for that service.