Ed Price

"Guy Macon" wrote in message

Mazi wrote:

My Linux computer does not have any ad/spy-aware and anti
virus software installed, yet I don't see any harm to my
Linux computer after visiting the website. So, what's the
deal?

The Commodore 128 that I use to access the web (yes, I have
Slakware Linux and Windows 2000 boxes, but the C128 is more
fun and boots in seconds) also does not have any adware/spyware
or antivirus software installed. In fact, I see one common
factor to all of these viruses: Microsoft operating systems...

Yes, it's hard to corrupt a ROM based OS!

OTOH, the C-128 allows for direct access of things like the keyboard buffer
registers, and allows for PEEKS and POKES direct to specific memory
locations. I suspect that if some malicious dude (an Ohio Scientific owner
with a grudge?) gave a rat's ass about bothering the microscopic C-128 user
base, he could march in, play a tune on your floppy drive track-zero stop,
and reformat whatever storage media you have.

But maybe you're actually running in the CP/M mode?

Ed
wb6wsn