George

"Joe Stead" wrote in message
How do they deliver items like contractor saw or jointers? Throw it off

the
back of the truck? Will they leave it in your vestibule if you ask?

They have an "X5" jointer on sale with rebates, but I might go for the

cheaper
one.

Amazon doesn't deliver, a freight outfit delivers. You _might_ be able to
specify by contacting Amazon, but if my experience means anything, it's
"space available" over all.

The company policies are on paper, but it's the driver who counts, and your
being there makes it more difficult for him/her to invoke company policy.
There's usually a dolly or pallet jack on board to get your item to the
rear, though having your own dolly available is advisable. That, a
forewarned neighbor or two, or ten bucks east/five bucks mid/twenty far west
will get the thing where it needs to be.

If you can't be at home, take a couple friends, one of whom is called dolly,
to the depot and load it yourself. The company is close at the depot, so
don't anticipate more than the minimum from the dock rats.