Bonnie Jean

Default squirrels- not in attic yet

Good morning everyone

I have a few squirrels trying to build a nest in a nook on the outside of my
home, at attic level. So far they have been unsuccessful although they have
done a bit of damage to one of my American Holly trees. Their attempts have
blown down thus far, and it appears they have not gotten inside my attic. I
am sure that if they wanted to get inside the attic, the could. I noticed
this morning that there is a nest about 20 feet from the house in another
Holly tree.

So my question is, should I do anything, or really, could I do anything
about this?

In a related question, there is some damage to a soffit vent made by
squirrels a few years ago. Who would have the expertise to fix or replace
the vent? In other words, what would I look up in the Yellow pages, or local
paper, to find a person to fix it?

Thanks,
Bonnie