wayne

kids can touch it and not get burned as well as dogs etc..

They are not the best at warming a room but do work slowly but also safely.
I used to have electric baseboard heat with a long haired dig he would lay
against the heater and we would start to smell burning hair as his hair
would make contact with the elements inside.

If you have pets or kids the oil filled are a safe way to go you can leave
it on and not worry about leaving the room

Wayne

"Mac Cool" wrote in message
John Harlow:

Why do people buy "oil filled heaters"? Do they think they put out
more heat than a regular space heater or a light bulb?

Because you can drape your bath towel over it while showering and step out
to a nice hot towel. Awesome if you've never tried it.
--
Mac Cool