Woodcrafter

Hi greg,

Thanks for the comments.
Yes I agree with some of Ozito's electrical tools... rather ordinary indeed.
But, of course, the miter saw stand doesn't have any electrical components
and not a ton of features. Its fairly basic, as are most similar stands. It
seems to do the job it was created for. Sure it could be a little finer in
its tolerances, but you aren't paying $1000 for it so you have to compromise
somewhere I guess

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Over 70 woodworking product reviews online!
WIN! A Bosch 18v Cordless Drill. Submit your entry today!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps
- Sherwood Lathe Copy Attachment
- Ryobi Right Angle Drill
- Porter Cable COIL250 Coil Nailer
- Ryobi 18v Cordless Jigsaw
- Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction
"Groggy" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:17:59 +1000, "Woodcrafter"
wrote:

Hi folks, we have just posted a review of Aussie company Ozito's new

mitre
saw stand.
For the U.S. and International readers, other company's also sell similar
saw stands to this model.
You can read the review he
www.onlinetoolreviews.com

Also, there are only 24 more hours to submit your entry to win a Bosch

18v
cordless drill.
For those that haven't entered yet, get your entry in now! Only one entry
per person of course.

We welcome you to drop in and browse through over 70 other woodworking
product reviews.

Have a great new year's eve, and new year!

Dean,

you run the risk of giving Ozito credibility it doesn't deserve. Of
all of their products I have seen, this must be an anomaly. I bought a
6"cut-off grinder that (catastrophically) self destructed on the third
cut so I swore off them. Friends of mine that have purchased them have
similar tales. Their poor quality continues to surprise me, I am
amazed that Australian authorities allow these things to be connected
to the town power supply at all.

I have no doubt that your review of the mitre stand is objective and
accurate, however, to anyone else reading this, do not think that
Ozito makes a decent product, *especially* the electrical items - they
are absolute crap! IMHO, they are bordering on being a danger to the
user.

As for Bunnings (Oz for Borg), they should be ashamed of themselves
for pushing this junk on the public.

If you think I am being harsh, a friend of mine in the tool dept at
Bunnings agrees, and told me that Ozito has the highest return rate of
anything he has seen to date.

BTW, your router review in Oz Wood was a good one. The Axminster
review didn't compare to the UK review, where they have their largest
market, but I guess that's to be expected. Next time perhaps a
comparison table for the features would be nice, but I guess the
editor determines what he puts in the final article.

cheers,

Greg