StealthUK

Default I LOVE Speedfit!

"IMM" wrote in message news:bgg67d$hq8

You have hit it. Plastic fittings and pipe bend. Copper pipe and brass
fittings do nort and make better seals. DPS use copper pipe and brass
push-fit on their heat-banks to fit the controls.

Also plastic is best clipped either side of the joint to prevent stress on
the joint as you experience in the tank connectors, meaning many clips are
required, which is more time. One of the reasons professionals give it a
miss, as they can install a copper system just as fast and cheaper.
developers use plastic in the first fix, so the Travellers don't pinch it
for scrap and unskilled cheap labour can do the fitting with professionals
finishing in copper and commissioning.

No, it was copper pipe I was using into the push-fit tank connectors
causing the problem. I think if I had used plastic I would have got
away with it. The greater rigidity of the copper pipe made it harder
to work with as it was not 100% square and created a greater side
force.

About to re-route the pipes from the tank now using 22mm plastic pipe
(After spending ages sorting the copper originally). Will let you know
how I get on.

---