William R. Walsh

Hi!

There are a few ways to work at solving this problem. But before we get too
far, may I suggest a look at the FAQ for this group. You can find it at

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/
(and my two mirrors...)
http://greyghost.dyndns.org/repairfaq &
http://www.walshcomptech.com/repairfaq/

There is information there about replacing belts.

That said, you might be able to use a rubber band (though the audio quality
may suffer somewhat) or find a generic belt for sale from an electronics
distributor. If you are lucky and have some dead equipment that might
contain a belt or two, you may also find one there.

There is still a lot to try before giving up all hope...

William