Spehro Pefhany

On 30 Dec 2004 19:54:32 GMT, the renowned Ignoramus25901
wrote:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:51:07 -0500, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:37:43 GMT, the renowned "carl mciver"
wrote:

Go to Digikey, Allied electronics, or similar supplier. If you look on
the base flange or somewhere on the connector you'll see a part number that
starts with "MS" or something like that. Call up the supplier and tell them
what you have and they'll set you up.
If not, give me the number and I'll see what I can do as far as finding
you a mating part number.
There's a couple outfits out there, and I can't remember the names, that
specialize is old and obsolete military style connectors. I say military
style only because they started them, and they're actually used in many,
many industries.

They've gone from being very expensive, to just a little expensive
(and reasonable value if you need that sort of thing). There are types
that are compatible and plastic, and thus a bit cheaper. It's not
worth trying to make one if you can buy the type you need.

Thanks. I will look up everything relevant tonight, all the specs,
codes etc, and will also post good pictures. Any idea how much these
connectors even might cost?

Maybe $10 each for ones with just a few pins. Less if you can find
them surplus, but there are a lot of variations.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany