Bubba

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:34:05 GMT, "Newsreader168"
wrote:

Dear All,

2 days ago, my gas frunace started to only blow the cold air and the fan
won't stop. A service guy come in and said the control boad is dead and
charge me $400 to replac it. I decided to do it myself. I bought a new
control board ( manufactured by Carrier, an compatible updated version) and
replaced the board. However, still doing the same, fan won't stop and blow
only cold air. I use voltage meter and measured that between the termnial R
and W, 24 voltage. ( I have 6 terminals on the board, C,Y,GC,GH,R,W) and the
wiring are, 1 on C, 2 on Y , 1 on GC, no wire on GH and 1 on R and 1 on W.

My thermostat is the RiteTemp programmable. It is working fine with my old
board. However, after I installed the new board, when I closed the
thermostat cover, ther is no voltage between the R and W on the board. If I
left the thermostat cover open and measure the board R and W, 24 V. I left
the thermostat cover open and put a paper clip to connect the R and W on the
board, burner won't ignite. If I connect the R and the SEC1 on the board, I
can ignite the burned (which is by pass the board). Can someone help me with
this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Don

Damn! It seems that the $400 that guy was going to charge you isnt
quite that expensive now, is it? Especially considering you probably
cant take that electronic part back. At least if the $400 guy
misdiagnosed it, HE would be eating it, not you. Now comes your big
decision. Do you keep screwing with it, OR do you bite the bullet and
get it done right?
Decisions, decisions..........................
Bubba