Jerry G.

The only way you will find this motor cheap is to find a scrapper machine
with a good one. Considering that most of these consumer DVD players are at
below $150 for a good one, or below $90 for a cheap one, paying out $80 just
for parts is not worth it. A new player will come with a full 1 year
warranty.

I was a Wallmarts and was seeing some players at below $60. The pictures on
them were very impressive. At the rear, they had all the necessary component
outputs. The only thing I did not like was that there is no status display
on the front panel.

I remember about 7 years ago when DVD players first came out, the cheapest
ones were up at about $650.00 US !!! The good ones were up at about $1500.00
and plus! You can now get a better specification one for under $200 than
the top models of that time.

--

Jerry G.
=====

wrote in message
oups.com...
The motor number is: RF-320CH-12400
RN 44 9Z 18
D/V 13
Matt and some others have some motor listings but not this one. I
actually took the motor apart as I have had some luck in resurfacing
the commutators on some of these but this one has a broken brush. Can't
really figure out a way to replace it. Fulton will not sell just the
motor. They want 71.30 for the "optical assy". What a friggin ripoff!
Does anyone have either a way to repair these motors or a REASONABLE
replacement source? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.