Joe C.

Uni,

Don't know how big the base of your jig is, but what about dipping it in a
shallow pan of the rubber coat that some folks use to coat the handles of
their tools? Here's one I found, got to be many more. Course, this may be
overkill for your application as well....

http://www.heavydutystore.com/db/cus...me.php?cat=757

Be well, work wood,

Joe

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
Here's the application. I have a jig that needs to sit on a
work top. I don't want to clamp it down (slight over kill
for the application) but I also don't want it to freely
slide about.

The first candidate is the tape 3M sells for stair treads.
The trouble is that it's abrasive and the work top is
plastic laminate (will scratch up/look skanky quick).

So, what I'm looking for is a rubberized peel and stick tape
or film. Think of the handles you find on some tools. It's
rubbery and offers some *stickiness*. That's the stuff
though the stickier the better. Size matters a wee bit but
I could as easily use strips in lieu of full sheets. I
would like it to be fairly thin (1/16" to 1/8") and not
compress greatly under a load.

So, what are my options? Any chance of finding it locally
(hardware store) or a place like McMaster-Carr? I would of
course prefer local over ordering.

I know what I want, just don't know what it's called/what to
ask for.

Thanking you in advance for your help but realizing this
doesn't relieve me of a proper thanks at the end.

UA100