Chuck

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:32:25 -0500, Eddie Munster
wrote:

No the point is the soil conditions.

Now think about it for a minute...."Smoking Frog" comes up with this
great idea, a round thing that will make loads easier to move because
it will roll along the ground and the load will be borne on top of it.
But he thinks about it for a few minutes and says, "No, that'll never
work efficiently until the Mixtec Memorial Parkway is built. I guess
I'm just a few hundred years before my time."

Do you think Mesoamerica is a swamp? There's lots of solid ground.
Jungle doesn't preclude wheeled transport either. However, not making
the connection (mentally) between the wheel in abstract (like the
calendar) and a more practical application does preclude using it
for that application.

I really doubt that if someone came up with an idea to ease their
burdens that would have been as revolutionary as the wheel, they would
have abandoned the idea because they lived next to a mudhole.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget