Doug Miller

In article , Eddie Munster wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:

I seem to recall that part of the problem with the Mesoamerican
civilizations and the wheel was that they did not have a large draft animal
of any kind and that soil conditions were such that in the absence of
something with the brute force to pull a cart through the mud a man could
carry more on his back than in a wheeled conveyance.

Yep.

Nope, as I already pointed out. A man with a wheelbarrow can carry a whole lot
more than a man with a backpack. You absolutely do *not* need large draft
animals in order to make wheels useful.

--
Regards,