tivo-guy

Go to www.homedepot.com and look under rebates.....

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...D=9876&pos=n47

"Peter Bagrationoff" wrote in message
Didn't know anything about a $50 gift card. Paying $280 for install
because our home is 14 years old and we didn't have a recovery tank.

tivo-guy wrote:
I am in GA. Roswell to be exact. So you're going to get the $200 AGL
offer and the $50 gift card from HD for buying a heater there? Out of
curiosity, how much will your installation cost? Did you go through HD?
Thanks!

"Peter Bagrationoff" wrote in message

Tivo you must live in Georgia! I am getting mine installed tomorrow. I
am replacing a 14 year-old AO Smith. I decided to take the Home Depot
route and bought the 12-year warranty GE 40 GAL. Just make sure a
licenced plumber installs it or you won't get the rebate!

tivo-guy wrote:

I'm looking for some advice on when to replace a water heater. Obviously
when it ruptures and water goes all over your basement is a good time,
but prior to that, what is a good rule of thumb. The reason I'm asking
is that our local gas company is offering a $200 rebate to customers for
their purchase and installation of a new water heater. Our 50-gal water
heater appears to be functioning just fine but it's 10 years old. From
what I can tell it has a 5 year warranty from Rheem. I'm wondering if it
would be wise, or overly cautious, to replace it at this point. Any
advice? Thanks.