Silvan

Larry Blanchard wrote:

And if you want a #8 jointer plane, used is the only choice you have.
Unless one has come out recently that I don't know about.

A year or two ago somebody was selling new #8s, I *think*. Maybe they were
#7s. I had one in my shopping cart for a long time at whatever place that
was, but never bought it. I have a "Stanley Tools Sheffield England"
fold-out sheet right in front of me, from a new #9 1/2 that was too cheap
to pass up ($10), and it only lists bench planes from the #3 up through
#7C. So you're probably right, and I'm probably dreaming.

#8s are damn hard to find used too.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/