Dan

On Wed 29 Dec 2004 07:54:56p, max wrote in
:

The bat wings on this set are very deep, maybe 1/16 inch. The bottom
of the dado looks like an arc. The sides of the cut are clean but
there is no way to get much contact between the bottom of the dado and
the edge of the inserted shelf.
max

Sounds like poor quality control. Who'da thought?

I'm no expert on dado blades - which probably explains why I bought an
Avenger set - but I wonder if your problem would be helped by having them
sharpened. Might be throwing good money after bad, but it might help too.
Actually, mine are probably ready for a touchup by now. And it seems like I
remember a post from somebody who said that almost any set of dado blades
could benefit from a professional sharpening before they're used.

How do the chippers feel when you load them on the arbor? Do they feel
loose? Have you tried different combinations of chippers to see if the
problem changes? If it's deeper in the center I'd guess the center chippers
are a little higher than the side blades.