Lobby Dosser

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:29:46 +0000, Denis Marier wrote:

Every where we hear that they did not use the wheel. I wonder if
these civilizations have ever use a tool like the lathe to produce
crafts.

There is an awful lot we don't know about previous civilizations and
a lot of what we have thought we knew has been revised multiple times
since we first "knew" it. Take a close look at some of the 'religious
artifacts' and you will see that some will produce a couple volts if
you fill them with vinegar. Was that how they were used? We don't
know ... and that's why they are lumped in with all the other
'religious artifacts'.

I seem to recall a National Geographic article many, many years ago in
which they described a shipload of batteries that had been discovered.
The thing is the ship sank about 2000 years ago. The speculation was
that the Greeks had discovered electroplating--the batteries were
built into amphorae, but there wasn't much else they were likely to be
but batteries given the conformation.

Flashing on the movie "A Thousand Clowns" and the hula dancer doll with
the light up boobies! Be just like the Greeks to invent batteries and use
them for something lewd.

Bill